Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Colours of Winter


I snatched a rare moment this morning to run around outside, camera in hand.  The colours this winter seem to be yellow and blue.


Fox footprints dance lightly on top of the snow crust where I saw them playing in the moonlight last night.  I was worrying about how I would get down the driveway in the morning, they were enjoying eachother's company and the night.


Winter season is so intense.  Bright snow and early dark skies, cold wind, cozy by the fire, time spent with loved ones, trying to fit it all in.  The intense yellow and opposite blue of snow and light seem to represent it all.


And yet, there is subtlety and gentleness in the between moments if we make the time to look.


Our new neighbours are a delight to get to know.


There is a new one in their midst and he's having trouble fitting in.   I remember being that kid.  I'm so glad it doesn't matter anymore.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos ~ great composition, color, light ~ Love the 'new kid on the block' horse ~~ thanks, namaste, Carol (A Creative Harbor) Happy 52 PP ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photos and especially your new neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are beautiful pictures. I love the snow shining from the sun, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. glorious photos . . . and the colors ARE magnificent and your thoughts endearing!

    ReplyDelete