Sunday, November 7, 2010

I used to be a painter.


Before I ever sewed fabric I painted it. And painted it and painted it. I had the urge to paint something early this Saturday morning, so I got up, snuck about and got to work.



I am thrilled to bits about how this turned out. It's a bit 60's era old man, but I like it.

I bought this red cotton sweater when I was pregnant with my youngest - so 3 years ago. And never wore it after she was born. It fit well but lacked interest. I used a stencil for the pattern. It was something that was in a ceramic painting kit that my daughter got for Christmas. To tell you the truth I got pretty worried about all that black about half way through. But I knew I had to finish and then figure out how to fix it.

I think I am in love.

5 comments:

  1. oh man. you painted that? its amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats so cool! I can't wait to see it in person. I bet it's the kind of thing people would pay lots of money for in a store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It turned out fantastic!!!
    (it's Ange BTW... guess I need to update my google profile!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely update. There's no such thing as "used to be" it will always be a part of who you are if you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete