Thursday, April 21, 2011

Take Back The Weekend!

Allright, folks.  I've been trying to post something forever but none of my technology is working nicely together lately.  Really, it's a mess.  But I just have to tell you about our new initiative, it's called Take Back the Weekend! Our lives have been so structured and busy lately that we need a break.  A breather.  A Pause.  It's just me and the kids home for this long weekend so we're taking it back!  Here's the plan to take back this weekend and live with intention:

No grocery shopping.  Grocery shopping takes up so much time and I think we can eat from our freezer and pantry until hubby gets home on Wednesday.  It's an opportunity to be creative.

No driving. We're sticking close to home, walking if we need to go somewhere, not rushing.

Eat fiber, drink water.  Getting back to basics with things.  Our daughter has health issues and we need to always be aware of fiber and water intake for her (among other things).

Get outside. Exercise.  Bodies need fresh air, sunlight and movement to be healthy.  If it snows we'll do some yoga inside.  Or go out and make a snowman.

Be aware of screen time.  This is more for me than the kids.  I don't want to spend the weekend watching uTube videos.  It's so easy to get completely sucked in and loose days at a time.

Do something I've been meaning to do. Probably cleaning or reorganizing. I'll feel much better if I get just one thing done. But I'm not tackling the whole to do list.

Take some pictures.  My soul needs some art.  Hopefully I can get them out of the computer afterwards, but I have to trust that the technology issues will eventually get wored out.  Eventually.

How are you taking back your weekend?

1 comment:

  1. I love it all! You forgot the part where you get your niece over to play for an afternoon or is that under the heading of Exercise? (You know, racing to catch her from going down the stairs etc).

    ReplyDelete