Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Homemade chilli pdr.

Homemade chilli pdr. from Alabama Chanin.
3 teaspoons paprika
1 tablespoon cumin (I love cumin so always add an extra shake or two)
3 teaspoons cayenne (best picked and dried from the garden and ground just before using)
3 teaspoons dried oregano
Optional: 1 tablespoon garlic powder – I prefer to use fresh cloves and eliminate the garlic powder. I add the fresh cloves during cooking (see below).
(followed by a delicious looking recipe for chilli)

It's bugged me for a long time that I didn't have a recipe for chilli powder. It seems like one of those things that I should be able to make myself, along with taco seasoning and italian seasoning (which I do have recipes for). So I had to grab this one when I saw it this morning.
Incidentally, you should all go on over to Alabama Chanin's blog - it's stunning and makes me want to run out and sew something right now. I tried to advance-purchase a copy of her new book but the form didn't like my shipping address, so I'll wait until it actually comes out in stores in a couple of weeks.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. Her site and images are stunning. Its inspiring. I want to sew myself some wool pants. Hmmm. I need a pattern. an EASY one...hehe.

    ReplyDelete