1. nature scavenger hunt
2. what to eat while camping
3. weave a rug
4. zoo journal. or maybe camping journal. or roadtrip journal. or nature journal.
5. coloring pages and fairy puppets to make.
6. draw something.
7. draw together.
8. finish someone else's drawing.
9. doodle pad.
10. read books.
11. make books.
12. counting the house - wouldn't this be fun with outside stiff - count squirrels, flowers, logs, bugs, wheels...
13. make bannock
14. creating zoo maps. why stop at zoos? How about a campsite map?
15. go for a picnic
16. coloring mandalas
17. conduct a pond study
18. finger knitting. I remember spending hours and hours on this as a kid. "Dad, what's your favourite color" must have seemed like a suspicious question.
19. say you're at the beach... sandcasting
20. learn all the words to Red Grammar's the ABC's of you.
21. leaf printing on fabric.
22. visit small-town museums and coffee shops. Like this one.
23. Make sun tea
24. make butter with children. it's magic.
25. nap in the sun.