Friday, May 28, 2010

A new twist on the Farmer's Market.

OK, so I have this idea -

You know how much I love the farmer's market - and mostly because it's grassroots and it's community etc. etc.

Well, what about a booth that's a creativity booth. Not selling anything, but a place where people - ok, kids, probably, but not necessarily, would come and make something - I haven't figured out the details of that part yet, but it could be collage or painting or whatever we wanted. There would be a donation jar to hopefully get enough money to pay for the table rental and maybe some supplies but that's not really the point, it's about getting people together and opening up their creativity. I think this could be really fun.

Thoughts??

7 comments:

  1. I think that would be wildly popular, maybe even start a local trend or tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, that would become the cool thing to do. you may end up needing two booths! GREAT IDEA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love our farmer's market. My kids love it too, for the first 15 minutes. Then they get tired of my talking about tomatoes and the weather with everyone. I think if there was a booth for them to get to do something fun that it would be a HUGE hit...super idea! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats a very inspired idea! what a service to your community! im sure you will come up with many great ideas! it may even bring us out from Calgary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that is a great idea! I'll bet people would be willing to donate items to the booth as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The people at the Storque are thinking the same way as me. Here's an article they put out there just hours after this post.
    http://www.etsy.com/storque/how-to/how-to-throw-your-own-craft-night-8421/#comment-304874

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to agree that is awesome kind of like a arts umbrella

    ReplyDelete