Monday, August 17, 2009

Balance.

Balance is such a funny thing. First you teeter one way then you teeter the other way. You’re never really standing still. You never stop and say you’ve achieved it.

Maybe it’s the change of seasons, I’ve been reexamining my balance again. I’m having to let go of a couple of projects that were really important to me; 2 larger pieces for 2 separate silent auctions, and a project for my daughter, just about to start her first year of school. Here’s the thing: we’ve found a house we’d really like to buy so we’re getting ours ready to sell. Should be up on the market around the end of next weekend. We spent all weekend painting, fixing and reorganizing. Luckily we’ve already done a bunch of work so there’s not THAT much to do. But if you find me saying no to everything else for a while, this is why.

It’s just frustrating because I have more ideas than time, and even things made that I can’t take pictures of to show you. This isn’t really balance, but at least it’s not drowning. I am beginning to see this old quote from Baha’u’llah in a new way:
“Let your vision be world embracing rather than confined to your ownself.”
Sometimes you need to step back and take a look at the big picture of where you are going to appreciate the nuts and bolts of this particular day. I seem to be learning the lesson of perspective again and again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment