Friday, March 19, 2010

Friday Links

Links to interesting things I found on the web this week:

An inspiring story about people making a difference in their community. I love the simplicity of the story and the huge grass-roots impact. There's a lesson to be learned here. (OK, and the pictures! I so want white hair like that when I am older!) I've been thinking a lot about the doing that has a bigger impact than just our small lives. Any other ideas, readers? Cause I'd love to see them.


Food Links:

A waffle recipe using soaked oats (and bonus - no wheat!). I wonder if we can make pancakes out of this recipe... perhaps the perfect use for the whey I'd like to make out of this recipe for whey and cream cheeze. Oh, I'm going to be so healthy! or at least well fed...

And, finally, a link to bacon font for Jessica, my fav. bacon foodie friend. I love being your daily sanity call!

I'm working on a new project this week that I am totally enthralled by! I can't wait to show you. I don't even have a sneak peek teaser for you, bad blogger, I know. It's inspired by Alabama Chanin, but a pattern I made myself.
For the gardeners out there I've got something new in my shop. I imagine people giving them as gifts to their mothers and grandmothers. To me something personalized and specific like this says that you recognize and appreciate them for who they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment