Thursday, November 5, 2009

Me Want Cookie!

Click here for my new Cookie Monster treasury. Just for silliness.
Did you know it is the 40th anniversary of Sesame Street? Wow, that show has staying power. Now I'm pretty against most kids' TV out of principle and because it's just plain annoying to watch but Sesame Street has a soft spot in my heart. It's wholesome, it's funny, kids get it, adults don't mind it.

My favourite episode is one where Oscar the grouch (my fav character and alter ego) gets confused.
It goes something like this:
He's grumpy about something.
But he likes being grumpy so that makes him happy.
But he doesn't like being happy so that makes him grumpy.
and around and around.

It speaks to me on a metaphorical level but I haven't quite figured out the message yet.

What's your favourite Sesame Street episode? What really happened to Bert? and is it wrong to hate elmo? Life's big questions. Leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you.

1 comment:

  1. I also love that Oscar the Grouch episode!! And check this out - a song called "I'm Sad Because I'm Happy": http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_player?p_p_lifecycle=0&p_p_id=videoPlayer_WAR_sesameportlets4369&p_p_uid=186086af-157c-11dd-9bc7-777dea8a73e7

    ReplyDelete