Friday, November 20, 2009

ok, I admit it, I am such a geek!

I need a new quilt for me. I've got this big huge idea to make a crazy quilt in 4 sections and each section is a different season. So there I was, geeking on etsy for supplies and then treasury opened, and voila:

I want to make a crazy quilt.

The thing is that I know that this is the kind of project I'm not good at. It's big. How am I going to finish this before I go completely crazy and start something else? Does anyone else have this problem? I was born in the sign of the butterfly. I flit from project to project collecting ideas. I get distracted easily by the next great idea. I'm a great idea person, not so good with the follow through. Anyone else out there have the same problem? How do you deal with it? I betcha all artists have a bit of this.

2 comments:

  1. I love the crazy quilt, but I hear ya about not having the time to finish it. I have the same problem with starting projects and not finishing them. The best way I've found to deal with it is to not start the projects and make cookies instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. noted. go make cookies. I like the way you think.

    ReplyDelete