Monday, May 2, 2011

On Exercise

You might remember I mentioned it here - one of my goals for the year is to get exercising. Well, It’s May already (yikes!) and I need a plan.
If you want to make a change commit to doing that thing everyday for 30 days and it becomes a habit, so here is my plan.

I hereby commit to doing some sort of exercise for 45 minutes 6 days a week until the end of May.

Why? If you are clear on your goals then it’s easier to stick to your plan. I want to be healthier. I want to be able to breathe deeper, feel stronger, run longer with my kids, and yes, feel better about my body.

How? I know I need exercise, but I’m not really excited about it. That’s why I’m challenging myself to just do it. I really need to just start, and stop making excuses. I like Leo’s take on it here. I’ll start with walking and yoga and keep looking for other things to do. Maybe I’ll get out the roller blades. Exercise should be fun and part of your normal life so that you keep doing it. Exercise is part of living.

When and Where? ok, so a new activity does not “fit” into my schedule at all. But this is uber important. The only flexible time during the week is my lunchbreak. That’s usually my creative time, but if I’m going to get some exercise that’s the only time I can really see it happening regularly. I’m hoping to fit in creative time (also Sooo important to me) in the evenings and weekends which is a better fit anyways because I’m at home where my tools are, it’s easier to do with the kids around, and it fits into small chunks of available time.

And with that, I’m off for a walk. I think I’ve got a podcast or two to listen to on the way to spice it up.

I’ll check back in at the end of May to let you know how it’s going. And now that I’ve said it out loud this will keep me accountable.

No comments:

Post a Comment